Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

The touch screen on my kindle fire does not work.

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 1 month ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Is it possible you damaged the screen? Often time a touchscreen will become unresponsive to touch if excessive force has been applied to it (i.e. it was squished in a bag, sat on, stepped on, etc). If it's a physical issue and the Kindle is less than one year old, it would be covered under warranty. However I've also found Amazon to be much more forgiving since they're primarily out to make money on the eBooks and other Amazon products. We can try to do a factory/hard reset to see if it's a software issue, however if it's not a software issue there's not much I can do short of helping you contact Amazon for warranty support. Again even if it's out of warranty I've still seen Amazon replace the device. So it's always worth a shot. How would you like to proceed?