Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My daughter was in a wreck and can't speak, her Samsung S5

Customer Question

my daughter was in a wreck and can't speak , her Samsung S5 is locked and I don't know the passwork so I can get her pmessages and photos off of it .how can I unlock her phone?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2014 is when she got it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Holding the volume up and turning it on ,plus the bottom bar bottom at the same time after I turn the power off
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ok
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the phone, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  • Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
  • Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  • Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  • Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
  • When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is information I ALREADY know, the person who connected me to you typed you could help getting around doing this , so my unhappiness is with them not you...... with that said ,I should not be charged .....
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me please which person said this? As I can see why this is the case and all communications with you are recorded, so we can see why this was done.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Showing JA....
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, this was the only thing said...

Which is the standard introduction, nothing is ever said about the question as thats what I do...

my daughter was in a wreck and can't speak , her Samsung S5 is locked and I don't know the passwork so I can get her pmessages and photos off of it .how can I unlock her phone?JA: How old is the phone?Customer: 2014 is when she got itJA: What troubleshooting have you tried?Customer: Holding the volume up and turning it on ,plus the bottom bar bottom at the same time after I turn the power offJA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.Customer: okJA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?Customer: I think that's it

If you do not wish to pay for the information I provided you, thats up to you of course, but no one would have made the promise to get around this as it is not possible.

But you can of course get a refund via my link below

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
JA ; said... as you see in the record.....The Phone Expert can solve this for you , knowing I was talking about saving her messages and photos. NOT doing a full factory reset.... Thank you anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

no problem and all the best