JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.

I have an lg tablet and in maps I found "dead horse"

Customer Question

I have an lg tablet and in maps I found "dead horse" scheduled for 8/27 and this was on 8/26 that I saw it. I am the only one that has access to my tablet, that I know of. Today it's there scheduled for tomorrow. What is that?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Do you initiate the scan from the printer console? Is it a scan to computer or scan to network folder?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither. Dead Horse, AK is located on my LG tablet in google maps\your places\maps. The date is always the next day, so I will never catch up, lol.I do have a scanner printer at home by my computer. I've never used the printer\scanner with this tablet though. I did notice in maps\history that most of the maps must be coming from my computer because the places are familiar even though I never mapped them. Some from when I was in Europe in 1982, so something is generating this from somewhere. Kinda creepy, lol. Dead Horse I have never been and its by itself in maps\your places\maps, nothing else is in that spot. I was going through everything on my LG because my GB space was running low and spotted it. Can it be a type of remote tracking. Some strange things have happened the last couple of days.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

I am so sorry. My post about the scanner was intended for another customer, and it went to you by mistake. I wanted to just read your question, so that I could determine whether I could answer it. Are the places in the maps history on your tablet places to which you have been with your tablet? Was your tablet actually at those locations (except for Dead Horse, AK)>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would say more than half the places I have not been to with my tablet but have been to most of the places, probably in the 1980 and 90s. I had nearly 75 places in maps with maps that I visited in the 80s. Some of the maps are towns in Yugoslavia and France. I traveled both but never had a tablet or maps back then. Its a little eerie. Dead Horse is still there today with tomorrows date. I have never been to Dead Horse. I don't know what to think. Strange things are a given in my life. About the same time I noticed maps problem, my sisters home may have been entered while we slept. I live in CA and she is in MO. No one else in the house but we woke to a closet door open, which isn't used because its hard to open. My home is also frequented while I sleep. Nothing taken, but freaks me out to see big footprints by my bed. Maybe my tablet was tempered with while I slept. The only thing I can figure. It doesn't seem to make sense.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

I suggest that you keep your tablet password ***** Do you have any virus protection apps installed? You can download one free from the Google Play store.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't have virus protection. I'm out of state right now but will check into it when I get home. So what's happening with my tablet is not a normal problem? Can my tablet be set with a tracking devise which could be causing the problem? Could Dead Horse be like an app one didn't personally download that contains some kind of tracking? Kind of weird that it is always a day ahead of me lol.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

I do not know anything about the spyware. I will opt out, and you can see if any other experts can help you with that.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

It has been a pleasure working with you. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate the help. How do you guys get paid? Will it be split? Just curious. I don't know how this works and don't want to screw you guys out of money. Or will I be charged each time a new guy helps?
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

You will be charged only when you accept the answer from an expert by giving a Star rating. The expert only get paid if the rating is 3 Stars or better, but you will get charged for any Star rating 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5). If you get another expert and rate the second expert, you will be charged again. But you do not need to give any rating, and then you will not be charged. I am not sure about the $5 deposit, but I think that is just a temporary charge which goes away fi you do not rate an answer. Not Rating is different than Not Accepting, which is a rating or 1 or 2.

You have not rated me, so you are clear to rate someone else. But does not look like anyone else is going to get involved with this issue. There is a lot of information and misinformation out there on the internet. You should use Google to do your own research.