Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

I got a new galaxy note 7, and I cant get it set up, it will

Customer Question

I got a new galaxy note 7, and I cant get it set up, it will get as far as verify your google account, and it keeps telling me I have to add the same google account that used in setting it up, I cant make calls or text anyone for help, so here I am
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: i tried to contact google with no luck, i can sign in to my google account on my laptop, but not the new note 7
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i did a hard reset and it telling me i have to use the same google account that i use first, but that wouldn't let me log in either
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: how much is this going to cost ?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok send it to me and i can make up my mind
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

If it is giving this message then it means it has had a previous owner for the phone and it needs to be unlocked with this account before you use it. Nothing you do can bypass this.

This means the phone is not actually new, but has been used by someone else before.

Where exactly did you get the phone from?