Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a Galaxy S5, drop the phone and screen when black

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is unfortunate, and I'm sure it must be troubling. I'd like to help and advise you.

There is obviously going to be a need to have the Samsung Galaxy repaired. When impact damage occurs, unfortunately there is usually nothing else that can be done.

One thing to try: turn the phone Off, not just into Standby. Then let it rest that way for an hour, or longer. Then turn it On again, and see if it recovers at all. Also be sure that the battery is properly seated and the battery contacts are in the right place and not broken. Or it will remain black owing to receiving no power, of course.

Would you like to be directed to a nearby Samsung servicing facility in your region? if so, please tell me your local zip code or town/city and state.