Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have an Acer Liquid Z320, Model No T2012. I can not access

Customer Question

I have an Acer Liquid Z320, Model No T2012. I can not access the SD card. Is there a way to automatically transfer information to the SD card as can be done with any other cell phone. This is a backup phone that I carry with me. My main phone is an I phone. I have a 32 gig card in the Acer but can not access it.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have the phone for 2 weeks. I bought it new at Costco, but can not access the 32 gig card. Help
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took it to a Rogers store yesterday but they could could not do anything with it. Try and help me out. Thanks
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you put the SD card into the phone and try to access it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It recognizes it but does not transfer data to it automatically. I would like it to this as does any other phone such as a Samsung that I have. thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please reply. no telephone.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Which data re you referring to? Photos?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No any data that I have should transfer automatically to the s d car as it does on any other phone. How do I make it happen automatically. There must be a switch somewhere on the phone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any data not only pictures. Any over run of data or pictures or anything else such as GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

No, this is all per the App, so for instance for the camera, you set the default storage location as the SD card via settings in the camera app.

For apps, only some apps can run from the SD card, and this you do after installing by going to settings, Manage Applications and if the app has been developed where it can run from the SD card then you have the button Move to SD which you can press (though for some apps this will stop it being able to be a widget).

But this phone has no global setting for this, its done per app.