Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I can't get on to my wifi my kindle tells me wifi error

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't log on to wifi with my kindle
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Or is this a new kindle or new internet modem / router device?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a kindle, I don't have my own wifi I am trying to register my new kindle at my friends place

Thank you. What's the brand / model of your friend's internet modem / router device?

Is your friend able to check / confirm his / her wi-fi / wireless password? (It is case-sensitive.)

Does your friend also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a Telstra and it was working at the time I was trying to log on

Thank you. Let's try this first: Press and hold (or slide and hold) the Power on / off button / switch on your kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If needed, do you see the wireless network name (SSID) and the network / wireless / security key / password ***** passphrase at the back / bottom of her Telstra modem's device? (It is case-sensitive.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If there is still any issue, can you please check at the back / bottom of your friend's Telstra modem device for the exact model of it?

- Also, does your friend also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,