Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle 10 inch won't allow me to pull down the settings

Customer Question

My kindle 10 inch won't allow me to pull down the settings to get it to stop talking to me. I really don't want to go through the process of reloadin information for apps all over again.especially since I can barely remember them all. This will be greatly appreciated.
***@******.***,***@******.***
Thanks much.
Ms. Lu'Ciana Thomas
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You should then be able to pull down the MENU and shut the Voice off (no need to worry about reloading info again with this reboot).

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please view the page for the answer to your question.