Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I just bought a tablet and I am unable to set up my account

Customer Question

I just bought a tablet and I am unable to set up my account on it. Google keeps rejecting my password. I told Google that I was using a new device and I was given the okay by a message sent to my cell phone. However I am still being rejected.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This can be a problem with Android devices, when you don't buy them quite New. They are, if ever Registered to a Google address, possibly stuck to that Google address forever after... though I'm not quite sure of this, it is quite often a difficult point.

Was your tablet bought New? or Used? (overtly at least.) If Used, you may have to contact the former owner, perhaps.

I hope you have not already changed your Google password ***** that can lead to problems, if you have. I advise you not to.