Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have the kobo desktop installed. My library is synced up -

Customer Question

hi I have the kobo desktop installed . My library is synced up - and I have the ereader tab. However, when I go to the e-reader the books are showing up with a download - and when I go to the library in the e-reader its coming up as empty! it is really frustrating - I just need to know how to download the books from the library into the ereader. Any suggestions?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: well for the last 2 weeks- previously I had about 25 books on the e-reader. Now none of them are there - the icons are there - and its prompts me to download. Under Books in the ereader it says " your ereader needs books"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have resynced to another machine and installed the Kobo desktop software from scratch . I have tried a new USB cable do you think the hardware is faulty ?
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

e-Books have to be downloaded to the Kobo e-reader tablet before they can be read from it.

I am not sure how to advise you at this point. What is the past history of this particular Kobo device? was it formerly stocked with books readable and stored on it? Did it have a problem, was it repaired, did you reset it, etc.?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I managed to fix the issue by resetting the kobo.

I'm glad to hear that a solution has been reached, by whatever means.

Did my advice help you toward a solution? if so, please a rating for my work would be appreciated.