GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I have an S7 edge that will no longer recognize my 4 digit

Customer Question

I have an S7 edge that will no longer recognize my 4 digit unlock code. Can you help me with that issue?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already gone thru the 15 tries, the phone reset itself and wiped out my data. It's now stuck in a loop on the Verify your account -Google screen. I entered the only 2 email address and password ***** that I ever use and tells me to select an email assoc with this phone. I cant reset the password ***** the only option is to send an auth code to this phone. Since it's locked I can't access text or email. Spent an hour at Verizon and they couldn't fix it. We even accessed my email acct on their computer but it still wouldn't unlock.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

The only way to recover your phone is to reset to factory. This will lose your apps and phone settings, photo and music files should not be effected.

1. Turn off the phone.

2. Hold down the home button below the screen, the volume UP button at the same time.

3. Choose wipe data/factory reset

4. When done, choose 'Reboot system'.

If you need a visual guide, follow this tutorial:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I hold the buttons in step 2 nothing happens the screen is blank. Additionally the phone already auto reset itself last night after I blew thru the 15 tries at unlocking the screen.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried again and it seemed to work. Its on the screen that has reboot system now highlighted, how to I 'select' that?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

You need to select wipe data/factory reset. Use the volume buttons to move up and down.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

When you are highlighted on the correct line, press the power button to select that option.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The phone had already reset itself last night. The problem is it doesn't recognize my google email and password ***** be able to verify my acct.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

A phone cannot factory reset itself with this bootloader menu. You have to load into this menu.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Use google account recovery if you need access to your google account:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just followed your instructions. It reset and I am back to the same place I was. the message is : This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a google account that was previously synced on this device.
I entered that email, in fact I just confirmed what it was on my PC and changed password ***** just now but it keeps asking for the email address again.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Turn the phone off again, press the 3 buttons to get back into recovery. Choose wipe data cache, then choose factory reset again. After that, choose reboot system.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I selected factory reset and then reboot. Back to same google screen asking for my email account. I have already used the google accts recovery link. When I enter the google email and password ***** my phone, it loops back to the screen that asks for the email address. It doesn't seem to recognize the email address.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Perhaps the phone was originally setup with another google account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It wasn't.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can it be sent back to Samsung to have them completely wipe it clean and then I can start over? I really don't want to throw it away and have to purchase another one.
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

ello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

You have tried many email addresses and passwords, and none of them have worked. There is only one email address that will work to register our device, and that is the email address that you used to register your device. The only password ***** will work to register your device after a factory reset is the password ***** you used when you originally registered your device. If you have changed your password ***** access your email account, the new password ***** ***** on the Google email server. You cannot use the new password ***** register your Android device, because the original password ***** ***** in your account on the Google registration server.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Hollie. My name is***** am sure that I can help you with this. I've sent an offer for the PREMIUM SERVICE of a phone call, so I we can talk as you go through the process and you can get instant answers to your question. You are very close to a solution and I am confident that I can help you to complete this successfully so you can use your phone again.