Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

When i call my friend on my smart phone and she answers on

Customer Question

when i call my friend on my smart phone and she answers on her smart phone I CAN hear her but she cant hear me. same problem if she calls me. i have a $20.69 credit in my a/c.
Don Kendall ***@******.***
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that in a case like that, the way to find out where the problem is, would be as follows:

1. you should try to call other people, other numbers, in various locations. See if the problem happens when talking with any other person, or when leaving a message at any other number.

2. she should go through the same approach for a bit. See if the problem happens when she calls other numbers, talks to other people, in various locations.

3. then compare notes: ....and at that point, the possible outcomes are rather various. But if the problem only happens to one of you, and not to the other, when calling other numbers, the problem is likely to be on the side, or at the end, where the problem happens most.

At which point, the problem might be owing to

A. an intermittent microphone

B. a fault in the carrier or service provider's network.

C. 'other things'... such as network-to-network interface considerations (assuming that you and your friend have different carriers or service providers.)

Let me know more about how it goes, and I will advise you further as needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you assure me that I'm not being billed or charge until this is resolved?

I know that the terms of use of the JustAnswer system are more or less as follows:

You don't pay unless you get a good answer.

(Sometimes you have to pay a deposit - refundable - or a deposit that is not refundable but is not large.)

But I am not the authority on these matters, of charges and billing and subscription status. For all such concerns, the real place to inquire is Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be reached by way of

***@******.***

I'm content to see this case through to a good conclusion.

Let me know how it turns out, at your convenience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I contact you after we try your suggestions it will take couple days bec
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because of time zones

Just return to this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/android-devices/9uvew-when-call-friend-smart-phone-answers.html

which is the one devoted to your question... and post there again, when you have tried what I suggested.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok

OK. I'll expect another post from you in another day or two or three.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russell
I'm not even able to make calls on skype now. when I push the phone icon button on my android phone it doesnt respond i've tried this with US and Philippine nos.. Ive been able to call before so my skype a/c is screwed up and the worst part of this is that there is no one I call at skype to get this fixed. If there's nothing you can do on behalf of skype or give me a no. of a skype support person I want to cancel this service and get payment refund per the terms.Don(###) ###-####

I'm sorry to hear that.

I did ask some questions that might make the case clearer and allow me to make useful suggestions... but I still don't have enough data. (See the bottom of this post, for those questions.)

Your request puts me in a difficult position. Skype (the company) does not provide phone support, their website says explicitly here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-do-i-contact-skype-customer-service

One non-Skype page informs us that Skype Support is at

888(###) ###-####/strong>

but that information may be useless since it is from a non-official source.

Was your original problem with Skype phone service through your Android phone? if so, I was not aware... please make that clear, if you would.

I will help with the problem if I can, but I will need more information about it, please.