Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I have a new kindle and somehow it got started in FRENCH, I

Customer Question

I have a new kindle and somehow it got started in FRENCH, I need it to be in ENGLISH.
HELP!!!!!!! I am just trying to get it started and get WIFI going and all of that,,,
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem must be quite annoying. I hope I can help advise you how to get the Kindle to display in English instead.

Please tell me how far you got with the Kindle before it turned into (or, turned out to be in) French ? did you complete the setup and choose the language? or did you find it in French, from the beginning, period? (and if it has always been in French, what is on the screen now? in point of entries, or heading text, or something to distinguish where you are in the initial setup.)

I understand French, so if you tell me roughly what is in e.g. the heading text, I can tell you what it means.