Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I hope so! I am trying to get a amazon kindle 2.5.5 running.

Customer Question

I hope so! I am trying to get a amazon kindle 2.5.5 running. we haven't used it in years. I keeps saying we need to register it, but we registered it when we bought it. Then, when trying to deregister it, it says "unable to connect."
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: we haven't used it since we bought it. It has been going on this afternoon and evening when I try to start it up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarting it, trying to deregister it
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much does he charge?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I am wondering if it is too old to work. In that case, it would be a waste of money...
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Is your Kindle connected to WiFi? In order to de-register and register it must be on WiFi so it has internet connection.