Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Im trying to do a factory reset on my htc desire 530 as i

Customer Question

im trying to do a factory reset on my htc desire 530 as i have forgotten the pattern, so im turning the device off then holding down the volume down key and the power button for a few seconds until another menu appears, apparently in that menu i should have the option to factory reset my device but all that is there is - system info, show barcode, reboot to bootloader, reboot to download mode, reboot, or power down. am i out of options? how do i do a factory reset?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

In that screen, select reboot to bootloader and press Power button. From the resulting screen, select Recovery screen and you will see wipe data/factory reset. If you see red triangle screen, the press and hold the power button and while holding down the power button, press and release the volume up button.

This will boot into Android recovery. You should should see factory reset option now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Just checking. How is it going ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

In that screen, select reboot to bootloader. It will turn off and restart to another screen. From that select reboot to recovery

It may boot into A phone screen with red triandle. So press and hold down Volume Up and Power button in here. This will boot into Android recovery. From Android recovery, select wipe data/factory reset and select Yes. Then select reboot system now. This will factory reset it.

Note : Use Volume up and down buttons to select items and press Power button to confirm

I found a Youtube video showing this process, see it here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkiI7AZveIM

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
naa mate, so i clicked into reboot too bootloader and all that has happened is that it has changed the screen colours from black screen with white red and yellow writing to a white screen with green purple and orange writing still no option to reset
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

You said the colors changed, that means it is in different screen now i.e in bootloader screen. In that screen, you will see reboot to recovery. Here are the instructions again.

It may boot into A phone screen with red triangle. So press Volume Up and Power button at same in there a few times and this will boot into Android recovery. From Android recovery, select wipe data/factory reset and select Yes. Then select reboot system now. This will factory reset it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
awesome chur bru! all good
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do i do a normal reboot after that?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Then it will go through some initial setup like an out of box phone. Let me know how it goes