Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My samsung tab 2 does not register that a sim card has been

Customer Question

my samsung tab 2 does not register that a sim card has been inserted. sim ok in phone. tried several sims but all have the same outcome.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: its a tab. couple of years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried the sim in a phone - OK, tried a known working sim from phone in the tab - not recognised, is this a common problem with the samsung tab?
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Factory reset completed. No change.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

Unfortunately, if multiple SIM cards are not recognized and a factory reset did not fix the issue then your tablet has hardware failure. Since it is over 1 year old, it is not covered by warranty and the cost of repair may cost the same or more than a new tablet. Also, to answer your question, it is not a common problem but it does happen to tablets.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.