Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Android Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

I just changed from ATT to Consumer Cellular and in the

Customer Question

I just changed from ATT to Consumer Cellular and in the process, or coincidentally, I cannot access my msn.com email account through WIFI. Everything else works; I have access to the internet and everything else, but can't get email on my cell phone with WIFI. I can get it is I connect to DATA.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide

the right answer to your question.

Try turning Off the Data connection, then restarting your phone, then when restarted, try turning On the WiFi connection only.

Then connect to the WiFi connection you have locally, or look for your SSID, and connect to it.

Sometimes having the Data connection turned On, interrupts the WiFi communication. Perhaps when it is WiFi On only, and once you are connected to the WiFi that way, you will be able to access your email that way.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am confused by how this system works on line. In any case, the information was not at all helpful and did not change the problem. Still the same issue. Please discontinue my service and I am calling in the 30 day money back guarantee.

I have passed your request on to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.

I have also Opted Out, in case another Expert might be of more assistance to your question.

Expert:  Terry Parker replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be your device technician for the day. I would also like for you to rate me on my services after or if we figure out the situation. Now let's move forward.
Try connecting the email without the Wi-Fi first. When it is connected, trying connecting the Wi-Fi with the email connected.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can connect to email using data just fine. First I have to use data, that accesses the WIFI. My question is how do I just access email without using data, through WIFI only. I took my phone to the Samsung store where I originally purchased the phone and the ATT&T plan, and the tech there could not access my email from the store WIFI either. Before I switched from AT&T, all I had to do was turn on my phone, hit the email icon, and my email showed up through WIFI. My point is that I don't want to have to use data first to boot up my email. Is this a phone issues, an issue with Century Link, an issue with Consumer Cellular? I also talked to the Samsung technician, and she said that Consumer Cellular might have to do a factory reboot on the cell phone to restore it so that I can access WIFI without having to go through data first.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am back with more questions on this issue before I sign off on the problem. Are you telling me that every time I want to access my MSN account using WIFI that I first have to turn off WIFI, then boot up my email using data, and then turn the WIFI back on? I don't understand this issue. I used this phone and connected to my email using WIFI without having to turn it off then on when I used AT&T. This problem only started the day I connected to Consumer Cellular. Consumer Cellular says it is not their problem; my internet and wifi service Century Link says it is not their problem, and there is no way to get help from MSN account. I need to understand what the source of the problem is, why it popped up when I changed cell phone servers, and how come I have to go through the extra step to access my email? I am not computer savvy, sorry, and this issue is very hard for me to understand. If I could get a solution that doesn't involved a two step access to my email, I would be happy and sign off so you guys could get paid!