derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.

I had to change from Nokia Lumina 930 and as Windows is not

Customer Question

I had to change from Nokia Lumina 930 and as Windows is not making phones right now, chose the Samsung S7
BUT, I have extensive Contact Notes and Samsung S7 seems to have a Contact Notes size limitation of 1000 characters for this field.
It seems I may need to return the phone BUT what phone would I get instead of it?
Most folk do not even know what I am talking about when I say "Contact Notes" so can't advise me.
Can you help?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would love to keep the Samsung S7 which does have some great features but I cannot use it for work if there is a limitation on the Contact Notes...I would say that I would need at least 3000 characters in the Contact Notes but unlimited would be better. if I am going to return the phone under "OBF" I think it's called, then I have to do it in a few hours time, latest!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe a work around is to not use the Samsung Contacts but to use office265 outlook? But I can't see if they have a limit to the Contact Notes size?
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Unfortunately the contact notes section is an Android limitation not a phone specific limitation. The best you could do is use a 3rd party app like one of these: or

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a friend with a LG G4 and there is no limit so it's not all Androids
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have used DejaOffice in the past and it worked well until a recent sync failure
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What I cant find out about DejaOffice is can you sync to outlook exchange server

You may be right about that though I was pretty sure it was an Android limitation. Would those apps be a good workaround? Or were you looking for a different method?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
then you'd have DejaOffice contacts AND MS Outlook contacts????

I'm not familiar with DejaOffice but I did a quick search and it appears it does sync notes as well

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Derrick,
Sorry it took so long to reply to you,I was pondering on how to respond and I do not intend to be rude but here's my response.
My problem is that you never did answer my questions, the first one being: which phone should I get instead of Samsung (that didn't have Contact Notes limitations) as I didn't know who else to ask. I further explained that I needed lots of note space.
Then I asked about Office 265 but meant there a Contact Notes size limitation with that?
You replied that it was an Android limitation, but I had already checked that on an LG4G Stylus and so knew it was Samsung.
You then suggested a third party and I told you that I knew DejaOffice and had a recent sync failure (and so did know that it had no size limitation on the Contact Notes) but what I didn't know was if it could sync with Exchange server. In the end I did not return the phone and not because of any answers from you, sorry to say.
So I do believe you haven't helped to answer any of my questions and I feel that this time the up front fee was not worth it as well as ending up somewhat frustrated at your apparently not being aware of what it was I was asking you and yet you never requested further info from me.
The company is more than willing to have me agree to pay an additional fee for a phone call and I quote from the ad: " to get the help you need". This last Ad definitely got my back up!
I await your comments.

I apologize we may not be on the same page, it happens from time to time. Here's what I will do, I'll opt-out of your question and let another expert step in to assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Derrick, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Derrick,
I have had no acknowledgement or follow up from the other expert you passed my questions onto and so I request that you kindly request a refund for me.
Thank you