IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have Samsung Note 2, My problem is It can`t connect on

Customer Question

I have Samsung Note 2, My problem is It can`t connect on internet or wifi and even though on data network. My samsung note 2 model is SHV-E250S,Build number: KOT49H E250SKSUK0H4, Base Band Version: E250SKSUKNI2, Android Version: 4.4.2, Kernel Version 3.0.31-5664902, SE for Android status; Enforcing SEPF_SHV-E250S_4.4.2_0046
This problem was started yesterday...I have tried many times to connect on wifi but cannot. Please help me.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have Samsung Note 2, My problem is It...
I have Samsung Note 2, My problem is It can`t connect on internet or wifi and even though on data network. My samsung note 2 model is SHV-E250S,Build number: KOT49H E250SKSUK0H4, Base Band Version: E250SKSUKNI2, Android Version: 4.4.2, Kernel Version 3.0.31-5664902, SE for Android status; EnforcingSEPF_SHV-E250S_4.4.2_0046
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect your Samsung Note 2 to a WiFi network? Do you see an error message displayed?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No message at all. If I swipe the wifi...it returns immediately. I remember before that when I like to open my facebook account, I will swipe the wifi and it change the color to green, but now, none
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

So, you cannot see a list of nearby WiFi networks at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It cant read wifi networks nearby. Right now I`m using my laptop. And I have here my phone. always tryin to open wifi .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I open the Play store, it pops up cannot connect to internet, check your connection. call customer care services.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

I suggest doing the following:

1. Completely power off the phone

2. Remove the back cover

3. Remove the battery and leave the phone without a battery for 5 minutes

4. After that, put the battery back and power on the phone

5. Check if you can now connect to a WiFi network

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok I will try it now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Take your time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after 5 minutes....i have installed the battery and swipe the wifi...still the same, cannot connect
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

In that case, please take your SIM card out and leave it out for 5 minutes, and then put it back. Check if you can access the Internet by both mobile broadband and WiFi.

Let me know if it made any changes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I`ll try
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no it don`t works...still the same
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

I am afraid there is not much you can do, other than reset the phone to factory defaults. May I know if you have already tried that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already do that today...so I lost some of my downloaded apps.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Teach me how to do settings in access point names.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

You shouldn't need to manually type or modify the settings in order to access the Internet. It should work automatically.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

If you reset the phone to factory defaults in the Settings, I suggest doing it again this way:

1. Completely power off the phone

2. Wait for 10 seconds

3. Press and hold down these buttons: Volume up + Home button + Power button

4. The phone will power on. Continue to hold those buttons until you see the Samsung logo. You can then release the buttons

5. A new menu will appear. There select "wipe data/factory reset". Use the volume keys to go down/up and confirm by pressing the power key

6. Confirm again by selecting "Yes - delete all data"

The phone will restart and load factory defaults. You will need to set up your phone again. Hopefully, this time the WiFi connection will work.

Let me know if it worked.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no changes...still cannot connect to wifi
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Upon setting up the phone again, did the phone offer you to connect to a WiFi network? If so, did you see a list of nearby WiFi networks?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No...wifi cannot connect, no wifi signal can be seen.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Are you sure there are nearby WiFi networks?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
any way thank you for your time.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Sorry I couldn't help you more. It appears that this may be a hardware problem with the WiFi (maybe the WiFi antenna has been disconnected inside the phone) since the factory reset didn't work. For that reason, you can take the phone for detailed diagnosis and repair.

Regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I try to visit the repair shop. Again thank you very much
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome!

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

Have you taken your Samsung Note 2 to a repair shop yet? If so, what did they say?

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.