GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

This is corey sturza I had a pin that I forgot so I did a

Customer Question

hi this is corey sturza I had a pin that I forgot so I did a factory reset and I'm stuck on the verify google account its not using any of my accounts can u help I do not wanna buy a new phone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Corey. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If the factory reset completed successfully you should have been asked to enter an email address during setup. Did this happen? If not, you may need to do the factory reset again.

Before doing that though, you can try going to settings and looking for the email account that is associated with the phone. Once you know which account the phone is using you can go to www.google.com and try to login to that account. If you can't login you may need to reset your password. Here are the instructions for doing that:

To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:

Go to http://google.com and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on 'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it, then click "Continue".

If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password.

If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the opportunity to have a code texted to you.

If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, you will be sent a link to reset your password.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer.

If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know the brand and model number of your phone, so I can assist you with a complete reset to factory default settings.