Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I can't use my Galaxy S6 edge this morning. Something called

Customer Question

I can't use my Galaxy S6 edge this morning. Something called Turbo Cleaner won't let me do anything - not even restart or power off. Was trying to take the cover off to remove the battery but my wife said you can't do that with the S6. HELP!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You don't need those kind of cleaning applications. These does more harm than any good. Hold down Volume Down and Power button at same time for 5-20 seconds and it will force reboot. Then delete that application.

If it doesn't allow you to delete it, then hold down Volume Down and Power button at same time and when it shows Samsung logo, release Power button but keep holding down the Volume button and this will boot into Safe Mode. Then go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager, select that Turbo Cleaner app and uninstall it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks so much Ashik! Restarting now.Nope. Asks which launcher but won't respond. Blue horizontal line moving up and down the screen as if it's scanning,
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Sounds like the system files are messed. Do you see Safe Mode on anywhere on the screen ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Horizontal lines moving up and down ?! That doesn't sound good. Was there any pressure applied on the screen or did you put anything on the phone ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing else on the screen. No just woke up to it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

I hope the touch screen isn't failed. Do this. Hold down Volume Up, Power and Home button at the same time for 10-20 seconds and this will boot into Android recovery screen. Do you see those lines in there ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No pressure or anything on phone.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
got your message but it won't let me reply.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Lets check the screen first. Hold down Volume Down, Power and Home button at the same time for 5-20 seconds and this will boot into a Warning screen. Do you see those lines in there ?

Note : It won't respond to touch in there. Does the screen look good there ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On warning screen. No blue line.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Press Volume down and this will restart. Keep holding down the Volume down button until it boot into lock screen. We have to try to boot it into safe mode and it may take a few tries. Does it boot into safe mode ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
at lock screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Does the touch respond there ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I mean yes at safe screen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Does the touch screen work there ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nope
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
blue line on safe screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

I'm afraid the touch screen has failed somehow. Since it is not responding, the only way to know whether this is software or hardware issue is by factory reset. Factory reset will delete everything from it.

Do you have any important stuffs on it ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sure do. my wife also has S6. Can she transfer everything?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Actually, you can transfer to your computer. But for that, we need to unlock the screen first. But to unlock, we need to get a mouse and USB OTG adapter since the touch screen is not working.

Do you have a USB OTG adapter ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OTG?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

On the Go. It is a small adapter that you can plug in to the phone and it will allow you to connect most of all USB devices like keyboard, mouse, USB drive etc

It looks like this and very cheap as well --> https://www.amazon.com/CNE28224-Female-Micro-Adapter-Cable/dp/B0081CRXGI/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469971463&sr=1-6&keywords=usb+otg

You can get it from any local electronics store. When you plugin your USB mouse to OTG to phone, it will show mouse pointer. Then you can unlock it by using mouse.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Damn.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guess I'll have to go out. Will you be around?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

You need to get the screen unlocked, then only the computer will recognize it to backup your files. Yes, I will be here for the next 5 hours and my shift will over. I will also available tomorrow.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me directly when you get the USB OTG and we can backup your files.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'m very grateful, brother. Be back ASAP.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

You're most welcome !