Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions

I have owned this Kindle for about 5 years and have had no

Customer Question

I have owned this Kindle for about 5 years and have had no problems with credit card payments. Yesterday I tried to make a purchase and was told " you do not have a valid default credit card for your account. I visited the site as requested and reloaded my card but the system still does not want to process transactions for the same reason. Please advise urgently
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi Andrew and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can change the card details of your Amazon account from online (using your computer). Follow the steps below (from Amazon)

Go to Manage Your Content and Devices page ----->

Click on Setting tab, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.

Select the credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.

Enter the billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

When you change the card details from there, the card details on the Kindle will also be changed automatically.

If the changes doesn't reflect on your Kindle, then reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for full 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

If that didn't work, then you will have to de-register the Kindle and re-register it. This will update the account with new card info. Go to Settings> device and/or Registration and de-register from there. Then re-register it from the same menu. That should fix it.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Ashik for your answer which I followed but has made no difference --the same message keeps popping up and disallows me to conclude the payment I am sorry but I never intended to join a club with a fixed membership fee. Please could you disconnect me from the membership. My apologies
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

No problem Andrew. I will request JustAnswer to cancel the trial for you. Or you can email to *****@******.*** and they will cancel the membership.

Re your question, it is possible that your bank or credit card company has blocked transactions from Amazon

Do you have another card to try ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Did you de-register and re-register the the Kindle successfully ? This step is important.

Also can you contact your bank or credit card company and ask them if they blocked the payments to Amazon ?

And one more thing. Is there any way you can try adding another card on Amazon and check with it ? This will tell us whether the issue is with your account or Kindle.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Let me know how it goes please