Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

My kindle paperwhite has stopped connecting to wifi, however

Customer Question

My kindle paperwhite has stopped connecting to wifi, however I had no trouble connecting before. I notice there is an update and have tried the instruction to update via your computer but don't understand them. If I can get back my connection to wifi, it will update automatically. Are you able to assist
Geraldine
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what happens when you attempt to connect to the wifi?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have wifi at home so just to to places it is available to download books to my kindle, like my local library or coffee shop. I just get a message that I can't connect to wifi, I have tried in many places but it never get through no-matter what. Not sure what has happened as I have been using the Kindle for some years and never had this problem. I have turned the paperwhite off and on a few times thinking that might be the problem but it doesn't seem to help.

Thank you for the update. In your case, the best choice will be to factory reset the Kindle, which will erase everything on it. For that reason, I suggest that you wait until you are within close enough proximity to a wireless signal. Once it resets, you will be able to reconnect to a signal and reconfigure it just as you did when you first set it up.

Instructions for resetting the Kindle Paperwhite:

1. Tap Menu→Settings.
  2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.
  3. When you see the warning, tap Yes.

Once that is complete, you will be all set.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I managed to re-set the device, took me a few minutes to find where it was. I then tried to connect to wifi in the library which is only 50 metres from my home and once again could not connect to wifi, this is the message I keep getting:Your Kindle connected to the wifi but could not reach the Internet.
Anything I can do about this.Geraldine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I then went back to the library as I reread you instructions and tried to connect to the internet and then re-set the kindly but that didn't work because I can't connect to the internet...

50 Metres is a large distance. Please, go closer to the signal and attempt to reconnect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I go to the library to try to connect but the Library Wifi will not connect.Geraldine

What happens when you attempt to connect?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your kindle connected to the WiFi but could not reach the internet. Same message I always get.Geraldine

At this point, it appears that the Kindle itself may be faulting.

Please, click the following link: - https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us
- Log into your account.
- Click the Kindle button.
- Choose Kindle Device from the pull down menu.
- Choose Problem with my Kindle from the next menu
- Choose My Kindle is frozen from the next menu
- Click the Call Us button.
- Enter your phone number and click the Call Me Now button.

You can explain your issue to them and request a repair and/or replacement.