Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My kindle is old touch. I cannot use the wireless portion

Customer Question

My kindle is old touch. I cannot use the wireless portion therefore I cannot do the security update. The kindle no longer goes to the kindle store. I do have the menu listing showing that the wireless is turned on. Help! I do not want to loose my archived books.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me please the exact model of your Kindle? If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. You should find it you click on Settings and go to Device Info. Find your specific generation or type based on the first four characters. The Serial Number is also shown on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).