Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I have CenturyLink Wi Fi. I do not have a passcode to have

Customer Question

I have CenturyLink Wi Fi. I do not have a passcode to have WiFi on a BRAND NEW Kindle I jusy bought MY FIFTH!!!Please tell me how to get WI FI?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this web page. Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device to see if there is any wireless / network / security / WPA / WEP password ***** key / passphrase there. If yes, that is your wi-fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following steps on your working computer in order to retrieve your wireless password ***** it:

1. Right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
    ; (Or click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.)
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.)
  2. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
  3. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  4. Then click on the Security tab at the top.
  5. Then select the box at Show characters.
  6. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

- If all fails, please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device for the model of it, such as PK5001Z, C1000Z, 2701 HG-S, M1000, etc.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,