Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My newest Kindle Fire is "unable to download" at least 50

Customer Question

My newest Kindle Fire is "unable to download" at least 50 books.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you. Are you trying to download them on the Kindle by going to ALL and selecting them, or are you logging into Amazon and selecting them there and choosing deliver to device? Are you getting any error messages about space or anything else? Also, are all Kindle devices setup with same Amazon account (username and password)? Let me know, please. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

No error messages at all. Kindles are setup with same Amazon account.

Nothing works on that Kindle it seems. Very distressed. It's my 4th Kindle Fire and it doesn't work!!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm really sorry to hear that. We can do a factory reset on it to see if that corrects the issues, or we can try to troubleshoot first. Please let me know your preference. Can you open a webpage on the Kindle Fire in the browser? Try one that you have never tried before to be sure that it is actually connecting to the internet and not pulling up a page stored in memory. If you can do that, then we know that you are properly connected via wifi. Are you using the Amazon "Manage Your Content and Devices" page to select the books and then choosing the correct Kindle to send them to, or are you just selecting them from the Kindle itself?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My wifi icon is working on that Kindle. I send my books to the Kindle from the internet. Factory reset hopefully will work. It's weird since all the "books" are blue and even the few that are shown as books don't work. I just might have a bad kindle.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I work a flex schedule and I was off yesterday. I thought that I had either completed my tasks or passed them on to others. Somehow I missed your response.

It is very likely that resetting your Kindle to factory will correct these issues. Quite often the operating software on the Kindle just gets corrupted and a factory reset will restore it. You should be able to reset it with the following instructions:

1. Tap Menu→Settings.

2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.

3. When you see the warning, tap Yes.

If for any reason this doesn't work, you can do a factory reset this way:

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.Please remove the usb cable also.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.

Please give this a try and let me the results. Thank you again for your patience!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Did not work. I held the off button for 40 seconds and it still does not

work.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

When you did the following

1. Tap Menu→Settings.

2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.

3. When you see the warning, tap Yes.

Did you see the warning about resetting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Does not go to settings. Does nothing.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you