ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have an unlocked t-mobile lg d851 phone that i switched

Customer Question

I have an unlocked t-mobile lg d851 phone that i switched over to straight talk 7 months ago. Worked phone but now for some reason when i go out of town my phone wont let me call and no wifi. Its says emergency calls only. Srraight talk said it had to do with my phone settings. My mom has the same phone. We got them the same time andbthey both started doing this when we leave town. Im guessing when the phone did updates it has changed them. Please help
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also when i go out of town i have no wifi and cannot receive texts. When i try to call it says emergency calls only. This has been going on since the third week or so in may. Like i said my mom has the same phone and her phone started doing this at the same time.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

Hi Terry,

With Straight Talk, the service works best in the activation zip code area.

They may not have great coverage when you go out of town.

You can check their coverage here: https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/coverage/servicearea

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have had straight talk for 3 yrs and this was never an issue. I got this lg phone in dec and it worked fine for 6 months. I know alot if people with straight talk and this is not issue for them when i am in the same towns where i go. It has ti do with a setting in the phone from an update. This was a t mobile phone before. So your answer is not informative or correct. Can u help or did i waste $18
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sometimes it does it in the town i live in. So this has nothing to do with straight takks coverage area
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

Have you checked with Straight Talk to see if there are any coverage problems or ongoing maintenance in the area?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have already checked with straight talk. They said it has to do with my phone. Other i know with straight talk are not having this issue. Just me and my mom and it happened at the same time and we both have the same phone. Like i said it has to do with a setting with these ohones and i have tried to fugure it out and cant. I guess you don't know how to fix it either and i wasted $18 on asking u
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

All you can try is to back up all of your information and do a factory reset on one of the phones.

If that works successfully, then try it on the other phone as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I bought another phone and the new phone is working phone. Im just gonna find someone who knows how to fix the other phone.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

Ok, have you tried the factory reset?