GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

Trouble registering new tablet

Customer Question

trouble registering new tablet
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me please the brand and model of your tablet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Kindle fire 5th generation
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Do you already have an Amazon account setup with an email address as the user name and a password? What is the exact error message that you are getting when you try to register?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Registration error Please try later or visit ; which I have done with no luck
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Have you successfully connected it to wifi yet? . To view available Wi-Fi networks, from the Home screen press the Menu button, and then select Settings. On the Settings page, select “view” next to Wi-Fi Network. Identify the network you want to use, then select “connect.” If you see a lock symbol next to “connect,” the network requires a password. If you're already connected to a wifi you should see that as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Ok. Let's try logging into your Amazon account at Go to Manage Devices and Content and then click on the device tab and tell me if you see your device there. Also, on the Kindle, try to open a web page that you haven't been to before. Let me know if the page comes up. If you haven't created an Amazon account yet, please go ahead and do that part. The registration process is usually much smoother that way.

Did you purchase the kindle from Amazon or did another previously have it before you?

If you bought your Kindle online using your Amazon account, or have already gone through the Kindle setup process, it is already registered and ready to use. To verify, press the Home button and look for your Kindle name in the upper left corner of the Home screen. If it says My Kindle or shows the name of a previous owner, you’ll need to register it.

To register a Kindle that has not been previously registered, go to the Home screen, select Set Up Your Kindle, and follow the onscreen prompts. Once you have completed the setup process, Set Up Your Kindle will no longer appear on your Home screen. To register a Kindle that has been previously registered, press the Home button, and then press the Menu button. Select the Settings option, and then Registration.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the user guide for your Kindle that should be helpful. It's in pdf format. You can save it your computer for later viewing or print it out.

I am committed to working with you until your problem is resolved. When it has has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!