Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Can't get my Xoom to work. I get the, Launcher Not

Customer Question

Can't get my Xoom to work. I get the
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Launcher Not Responding message. Started a couple of days ago
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Moto XOOM
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to reset to factory settings. Not very successful with that operation.
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. Go
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.
  1. Press the power button for 60 seconds, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
  2. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).
  3. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.
  4. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.
  5. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.
  6. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset
  7. Tap Power hard key to select option.
  8. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.
  9. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
  10. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
  11. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.

** IF THESE STEPS DO NOT WORK TO RESET THE DEVICE, IT MAY UNFORTUNATELY INDICATE HARDWARE FAILURE. IF YOU PURCHASED YOUR DEVICE NEW LESS THAN A YEAR AGO, CONTACT MOTOROLA FOR WARRANTY OPTIONS.

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wait a minute. I already saw this answer on the internet, many times. And you charged me for it? Is this a scam? Needless to say, you got my money, and I paid for nothing. So, Randy Boman, Android Device Expert, what about this??

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that does not help. I will continue to work with you on this until we find a solution. Please reply and let me know how we can get this resolved for you.