GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I have a kindle that is storing an incredible amount of data

Customer Question

i have a kindle that is storing an incredible amount of data that i'm not trying to store
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i have 4gb on the internal storage that i cannon identify
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: and 20gb on the sd card
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: i tried an app called clean master
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me what model your Kindle is please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. My preferred app for removing temporary files, browser history, etc. is Ccleaner which is available from the app store on your device. However, I doubt that much space could be taken up simply by temp files and history. Would you consider resetting the Kindle device to factory defaults? If you do so you will be s=tarting over with a clean slate. If you use the same amazon account information that you are currently using you should be able to easily re-download any books, apps, or music that you previously purchased with that account.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

IF you'd rather not go that route, can you tell me please what the files are named? what directory they are in? file type, etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I'm going to wipe it clean. I'll try the app you suggested first
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Please let me know how it goes. I also recommend that you uninstall app apps that you are not actively using as some apps can store a tremendous amount of data. It's a good idea to run Ccleaner again after removing them.

If thisinformation that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.