Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I got my Galaxy 7 phone Saturday. Now I cant remember my

Customer Question

I got my Galaxy 7 phone Saturday. Now I cant remember my lock pattern and it's won't let me use fingerprint
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times continuously, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the password

If that didn't work, then we can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website on your computer or device--> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on there. Click More on the right side under Ring My Device, Lock My Device etc. Then click Unlock Device and when you do that, your screen will be unlocked.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail or Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work);

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.

When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Home button.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone. After factory reset, you need to setup the phone again (like a new phone).

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.