Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My phone is locked by another user. 972 955 7550 I am with

Customer Question

my phone is locked by another user. (###) ###-#### ***** am with Verizon. I called Verizon and Samsung. They sent me to you. My 12 year old nephew has apparently hijacked my phone. It says the owner is his daddy. Daddy owns his phone. I think he did this thru gmail. I do not want to loose my data or photo/videos. email***@******.*** and***@******.***
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What message, exactly, shows on the phone, when you try to use it?

What phone is it, by maker and model ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please give jos rode call owner locked by Android Device Manager (note it allows a password ***** be entered but my nephew swears he did not do it. We could not unlock it. When I call the owner, it is my nephews father. He can't unlock it either.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a Galaxy S5 Verizon Samsung
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russell, I can receive phone calls, but I cannot call out.

OK. I get the picture... just a moment...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to help or are you scamming me?

Gathering info and composing an answer... just a moment please...

You must log on to Google Device Manager, through your Google account on a different device than the phone - a computer for instance, or even a tablet.

In Google Device Manager, change the password ***** your device's unlock code (not the Google account password! not! repeat not!), to something simple, e.g.

and then see if (after waiting for at least 30 minutes, to allow servers to all propagate the new password ***** their systems and off into your phone as well) entering that password

will unlock your device.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay I do not know an unlock code. Is that okay?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what do I type in manager?

A. The Google account on your phone

B. is linked to the Google account you can access on a computer. (You haven't lost your Google password, it's merely that the device is locked! with a different password *****)

C. You have access through your Google account (e.g. on a computer) to what is called Google Device Manager.

D. Through your access through your Google account, through a computer where you are logged in as your Google account not anyone else's Google account...

E. ... you have access to Google Device Manager for your phone.

F. change the access code that Google Device Manager sets on your phone, to just

and save that change.

G. wait 30 minutes. Repeat, wait 30 minutes before the next step.

H. enter

into the screen on your phone. It should unlock.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay let me try that

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry, this does not help me, they say I have no active devices.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a customer care acct #. what phone number do I call when I get access to a phone?

If you have no active devices, your phone really has been taken over... unless you can register your current phone (physically yours) with your Google Device Manager account.

Do any of these methods work:

If your phone is actually registered to another Google account now, then you probably cannot do anything but Hard Reset it and wipe it back to factory issue status. In which case, you have lost all data on the device.