ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

My kindle fire HD screen keeps going off and when it comes

Customer Question

my kindle fire HD screen keeps going off and when it comes back on, I only see half a picture
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 1 week
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive tried it all. ive reset it and factory default as well but still nothing. the screen holds for maybe only 5 seconds
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: my son was carrying it and it dropped, but we have the kid foam protector on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

The Kindle has a fault, so will need to be returned to Amazon for repair or replacement:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_bc_nav?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470