Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 but 't have an account. I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 but don't have an account. I accidently placed it in the lock mode and didn't know note the correct password. I only have ONE final attempt left and it will then default to factory settings. The Samsung tech stated that without an existing account they couldn't unlock it for me. I was referred them to the google Tech, only to discover after multiple unlock attempts with their android unlock feature had been disabled. Please advise.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Power off the phone

Press and hold Volume Up and the middle Home button.

Press Power until the device vibrates.

Wait for the Android logo to appear and release the buttons.

Select Wipe data/Factory reset with Volume Down, press Power.

Select Yes – delete all user data with Volue Down and press Power.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you