Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Kindle purchased in 2012. Approx. 1 week ago, I

Customer Question

I have a Kindle purchased in 2012. Approx. 1 week ago, I obviously did something that erased all my archived items, including the ability to read the book I was currently reading. I did some computer research, and was told to enter my password. I have only ever had 2 passwords - so I entered one at a time, and each time I received a message saying it was incorrect. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

if that still does not work then plug the Kindle into your PC, log onto Amazon using your username and password, then "SYNC" the device to your account again (this will transfer all books and purchased content onto the Kindle).

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?