Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I need to get a power button issue fixed Samsung Galaxy

Customer Question

I need to get a power button issue fixed for a Samsung Galaxy SIII, the issue is on the electronics panel aparently and will probably need some soldering. I am in the Seattle/Bellevue area. Some time ago I was in the Redmond Radio Shack (about a year ago) but they didn't have the tiny piece it might have needed there at the time. I am desperate so I don't mind traveling regionally to get to a Radio Shack that may have a member able to at least get the phone working by removing the power button for now and I can come back later to get a new piece soldered on. My phone isn't working right now of course other wise I'd call around to see if any particular store had a tech available (thus saving an all day oddessey). Can anyone help me? <:O
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Are you looking for a phone repair place in your area?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Yvette, I've gone and done all the legwork, I also discovered Radio Shack doesn't offer it's repair services either etc. It was a time sensitive urgent situation I had. There is no time stamp on your message so I am sorry we missed each other, I really have no question, certainly nothing technical in nature.
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

OK. Glad you resolved it.

Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

do you see an option to cancel or close your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry! Hey you're there, 1 min
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is the cancel button under account?, sorry I am not seeing any options to cancel the question, also I do have an email "comfirming" I am being charged the $48
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure where the $48 charge came from. I did not generate it on my end.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ugh, this is awkward, tell me you at least get all or most of the $5 even if the full charges don't apply. I don't see any prompts options or fields that even suggest a cancel question or I would have used it hours ago
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well I was originally on the Radio Shack Website and went through a few directs, closed a few "subscription" windows before I got to the question field, waited ten minutes and looked for an abort or cancel method , so it's hard to say, I could be paying $53 for ... this? It' snot you I'm sure, and I hope you can get something for your time, but I see no cancel question fields however I will continue to look
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It indeed does appear that I am being charged $48 for this chat from everything I can see. *still looking for cancel question*
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

Just a moment please.

Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

To dispute the $48 charge please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of their page, or they can email directly at:***@******.***

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the best I understand, I have already been charged, (outside of confirming my bank account records), and in looking at the proces for refunds, it says I have to rate you with less than 3 stars in order not to go through additional processes (I haven't even rated you yet, and I obviously have no reason not to rate you 5 stars...I apologize if this is any trouble for you.
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure the $48 charge came from JustAnswer? You're usually not charged until you rate the experience. Did you have another question open earlier?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I like the sound of using the contact us Link instead of the other process.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
email would probably be teh best option? Or is there another person i can pester you think? (Here I am asking you questions about how not to get banged up for $48. I hope you don't get this situation a lot, I feel so Noob.
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

OK. I'll I hope you get the issue resolved. I will just leave the question as is. Have a nice evening.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You too thanks sorry!
Expert:  Yvette replied 8 months ago.

No problem. I recommend sending the email. Have a nice evening.