Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My Kindle is very old...but I love it. I was just told it

Customer Question

My Kindle is very old...but I love it. I was just told it needs new batteries. I also want to make sure I do not lose anything I have stored on the Kindle.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi!

All of your information is stored on Kindle's cloud so there is no need to worry about the books/etc. Even if you purchased a new Kindle, you can still register it to your Amazon account and everything would download.

Try this for the battery issue:

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow 30 minutes for a charge.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.