Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a Samsung GAlazy S 5 and last two days my phone is

Customer Question

hi I have a Samsung GAlazy S 5 and for the last two days my phone is shutting off when i am not using it and restarting itself about every 10 minutes
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: yaear and half
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried doing the clear cashe partition recovery before that verizon told me to put it in safe mode for a while and delte the last app that i downlaoded which i did
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no just want this probelm fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your phone might perhaps have a problem with overheating, or it might be getting flakey and erratic as an early sign of future failure.

Have you downloaded and installed many apps onto it?

As for shutting down or restarting... that might be a sign that the battery that powers it is getting unreliable... or more likely, that the battery has gotten loose in its compartment. Or, the battery's terminals may need a trifle of cleaning:

Try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the phone On again.

Let me know how that goes, after you have tried that.