GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Samsung galaxy stardust SM-S766C. I was getting text with

Customer Question

samsung galaxy stardust SM-S766C. I was getting text with pics, didn't have to download. Now, I only get the words. Also, for some reason texts are also in "Hangouts" which I don't want. I have tried blog fixes but nothing works.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I only got the phone in May. I do not use it an awful lot but it seems like it started maybe 2 weeks ago?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I bought a refurbished phone from tracphone on line in May
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not a techie......blogs said enable mobile data and other stuff I don't remember. Sorry.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That should do it. Thanks so much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

To change settings for text messages in Google Hangouts, please do the following:

1. On your Android device, open the Hangouts app .
  2. At the top left, touch Menu .
  3. Touch Settings.
  4. Touch SMS.
  5. Touch SMS Enabled, which will open the phone's "Wireless & networks" settings page. Touch Default SMS app to change your default text-messaging app from Hangouts to your phone's native text messaging
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please give this an try and let me know how it works for you. Changing the default text messaging app back to the normal one should also take care of the problem with photos.

If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!