Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 A Small construction company that

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 A Small construction company that is shady put a tracker on my phone when I left the room and my phone unattended. This was a malicious act, they are reading my msg, recording phone calls , logging on to facebook, took my bank info and email off phone.
I need to track this app , now if they used their business tracking software for personal use. and be able to prove which phone it came from. I know who did it ,when and how.
Please advise thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The ELM Agent is made for collecting data and sending it to the ELM server. That's what is collecting your data. Can you prove which software your company uses? That is an illegal move on their part, I want to make sure you get taken care of.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do i find out which software my company uses

That's the tricky part. You can ask, or get your hands on a company phone to check for the same ELM Agent. I would also contact an attorney before snooping around too much. We have attorneys here on JustAnswer that can help you as well. I'm the electronics guy that can wipe the phone clear of the tracker, but I would suggest getting legal advice to see if that is the best thing to do first.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't work for this company , I know the owner who placed this tracker on my phone. I know how to remove it but then i wont be able to prove what they have done. this is a major violation of privacy and i know they are recording my conversations and went thru my email which has vital info. can not afford an attorney . there should be away i can find out the name of the tracker and there should be a log where it is coming from everyime they try to log on my facebook etc or receive info off my phone

Those things actually send to a server, so you will need some better tools than what we have here. The attorney is like $25 or something ridiculously cheap. They will know what to do and can possibly get a spying warrant to force the company into revealing that information. Click here. If you sign up for JustAnswer subscription, you can get your attorney advice, then return here to make sure we clear it completely.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok but this sucks because it looks like they are going to get away with destroying peoples lives and when I went to my contacts on my phone and clicked on her name her contact info was gone and my name or I believe my Skype username was there instead. this is very disappointing

We could do a full reset, but that will erase evidence. I highly suggest you ask one of our attorneys before we proceed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok

Let me know how they tell you to proceed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent my question to a criminal attorney they still have not responded so far i am extremely unhappy with the results i have received. which are none, i am in a serious financial bind and all i've received for an answer is a vague answer 'this is tricky?" There has got to be something i can do to at least find out what type of program or app is tracking my phone.

It is the ELM Agent that is doing the tracking. Please be patient, an attorney will get to you eventually. Your money is safe, it will be refunded if you don't hear from them.

I can definitely tell you that the ELM Agent is spyware, and it sends info to an ELM server. That information is not something we can track, it will have to be done through the legal system. It's sending the information directly to the company that put the agent on your phone. Click here to read more about ELM.