p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert

Couple of weeks. You suggest I replace the battery. I've

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Couple of weeks. You suggest I replace the battery. I've never even tried to disassembly my Fire. You imply that batteries can be infected. I've had warnings before that this was happening but didn't believe them. THEREFORE I will proceed to try to disassemble the Fire and try to locate a replacement battery. Also I would appreciate knowing how in the world a battery can be infected. Thank you very much! Benton
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My previous comment explains what I plan to do. I haven't tried anything yet to troubleshoot other than the basics of turning the unit on and off and trying to operate a nonresponsive touch screen (which decided to appear as a vertical screen instead on my preference which is horizontal !
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of now except I miss the use of the device! Benton
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps, up to and including battery replacement.

Do you need more help with this?