Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Two issues... first -- the light is flashing on the upper

Customer Question

Two issues... first -- the green light is flashing on the upper right...I have a Droid 3 with VZ wirelss service
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just noticed it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The Android expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have a second issue........ lag in making a call -- when I try to make a call it takes a very long time -- like 5 minutes ..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
second issue -- long lag when a call is placed it takes 5 minutes to connect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the green light stopped flashing..... I still have the issue of long lag when a call is made -- can take 10 minutes to connect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
green light began flashing again...after I left a voice message for myself -- is that the reason for the light?
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

This phone can become slow and laggy as you described in your initial description of the problem. The best way to deal with this is to simply reset the phone back to factory defaults. Doing so will erase all data on the phone, so you should make backup of all photos and what not that you want to keep before doing so. After you reset the phone by following my instructions below, it will reboot and you will see that it will operate a lot faster.

Instructions for factory resetting your phone:
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps menu.

- Tap the Settings icon. (If you cannot find the App icon, type the App menu filter (located on the top) and tap All apps.

- Tap Privacy.

- Tap Factory Data Reset

- Tap Reset Phone

- Tap Erase Everything

- Reset the phone.

Once that is complete, it will reboot and you will be all set.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when I erase everything...will I lose my contacts?.... .how do I save my contacts and my text messages. please advise thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know how to save my photos by the way ..... concerned about contacts and about text messages I want saved

You will lose the contacts. As long as your Google account is syncing, then the contacts will be restored after you reset the phone and log into your Google/Gmail account. You can locate which gmail/google account you are using by going to Apps > Accounts > Google. The instructions for backing up your messages and what not are a bit long, so I have linked the following page that describes how to do so: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/78556