GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a new slate 7 tablet - how do I start charging? I

Customer Question

I have a new slate 7 tablet -
how do I start charging?
I have it plugged in - but get no response
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry to hear that you are having this issue. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Have you been able to turn on the tablet to set it up, or has it never turned on at all? Here are instructions for charging it:

1. Connect the micro USB cable to the tablet and to the adapter, and then connect the adapter to a power outlet. NOTE: Only the HP 5V 2A adapter included with your tablet is recommended for charging the tablet.
  2. Press the power button on the top edge to turn on the tablet.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works or not. If it does not work, please make sure that the power outlet that you are plugging the charger into is an active outlet that is not controlled by a light switch. If the outlet is active, and the charger is lugged securely into the tablet, then you will need to exchange it for a replacement, or return for it for refund, as it most likely defective.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!