Christopher Chamberl
Christopher Chamberl,
Experience:  Tech Expert at Verizon Wireless

How do you install a 'Kindle Fire' Please make it

Customer Question

How do you install a 'Kindle Fire' Please make it easy. Do I need any special equipment. Thanks Paul Danese
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Christopher Chamberl replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the Kindle Fire. In regards ***** ***** question; A Kindle Fire is a tablet device and is its own equipment. It is not something installed on another device or piece of equipment.

If you would let me know what it is you are looking for or trying to do I would be happy to assist with finding the best solution for you and make it as easy as possible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The unit will turn on waiting for a internet line or something. We have a Wifi available in out area, however, it wants a
password. Now I don't have a password, or anyway to get one. ?

There are a couple possibilities in a case like this. When is it asking for a password? typically a password ***** the Kindle itself would be set up during the initial set up by you it should not have a pre set password ***** it was a used Kindle Fire that had not had its previous users information cleared out. Now if it is a New Kindle Fire and asking for a password ***** you try and connect to your WiFi then it could be asking for your WiFi password.

The settup process should flow like this:

When you turn Kindle Fire on for the first time, you should see a series of screens that help you set up and register the device. The first screen is titled Welcome to Kindle Fire. This is the point in the setup process at which you connect to a WiFi network.

In the Connect to a Network list, tap an available network. Kindle Fire connects to the network. if the Wifi has a password ***** will need to enter the password ***** then tap Connect

The Kindle may then display the Time Zone screen. select a time zone from the list provided and tap Continue.

On the Register Your Kindle screen that appears, enter your Amazon account information, e-mail address, and a password ***** the appropriate fields.

If you don’t have an Amazon account, click the "New to Amazon?" Create an Account link.

This link takes you to the Create an Amazon Account screen, with fields for entering your name, e-mail address, and password ***** this information, and then tap Continue.

The Next page should be the Terms and Conditions page. To complete the registration, tap the Register button.

A final screen will typically appear saying Welcome to Kindle Fire. After this the Kindle may download any new software updates.

These steps should take you through getting your Kindle Fire up and running. If you are getting stuck on any of these steps let me know. And I will help you through them.

If this gets you through your issue then I hope you enjoy you Kindle Fire and please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit/Finish. Thank You.