Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

New Kindle Oasis Every time I turn a page, the screen keeps

Customer Question

New Kindle Oasis
Every time I turn a page, the screen keeps going back to the settings page showing three locations on the upper right and the menu bar. None of the tapping produced any response. Also cannot access the Kindle store.
Very frustrating and I'm thanking of returning it. At such a high price it shouldn't be do user unfriendly.
Thank you.
Karen Gotyd
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Hope it helps. please reply if it works.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no right or left, only on or off.
No light came on.
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 5 months ago.

If that does not work then follow these steps below.(remove the leather cover if can)

Connect the kindle to the charger wait for 5mins.
After 5mins(still connected to the charger) press and hold the power switch for at least 40(not less than that) sec till you see a flicker in the kindle screen.Do it 3 to 4 times to reset the kindle, it will work.
Hope it helps.
Regards.