Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I keep Getting Phone Calls From Non Working Phone Numbers.

Customer Question

Hello. I keep Getting Phone Calls From Non Working Phone Numbers. About Two Months Ago I Recieved A Call From(###) ###-#### ***** Answered But Nobody Was There. After That My Phone Acted Like It Had Been Hacked. So I Did 3Factory Data Resets. I Losses All My Photos And Messages Ect.. Anyhow Now Just Last Week I Recieved Another Call on 06/16 From(###) ###-####. I Didnt Answer! I Went To Call Back By Using *67 To Block My Number. Again Its A Non Working Number.Then I Recieved Another Call From(###) ###-#### ***** Didnt Answer.. I Called It Back And A Mans Auto Mated Voice Said This Phone Is Unallocated. Please Help Me Solve This Issue Of Invading My Privacy In My Own Life.. Oh Also I Changed My Email On My Phone To Thinking That They Were Using My Email Somehow To Get Through To My Mobile..Sincerely,,Launa
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm Wonering If You Could Locate An The IP Address.. And Then We Can Find A Name. It Very Well Could Be A Ex Boyfriend. Or A Stalker. Either Way It Makes Me Feel Unsafe...If Its Okay I Will Then Take The Information Provided To The Law Officials.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Launa. It sounds to me as if you have been subjected to some malignant, and possibly criminal, 'phone spam'.

(I presume these calls from 'non-working' numbers were received by your own phone number.)

Your phone number is ***** published somewhere, possibly on an online webpage. That allows 'spammers' to harvest the information, and use it.

Given how this has been going, reporting the phone numbers as involved in some sort of scam might be best. I'm not sure just how to report it, but there is probably some form of reporting for this, aside from two obvious possible things:

1. the National 'Do Not Call' List

and

2. your own phone company, or phone service provider. They can (perhaps) do a traceback on the phone numbers that left bogus phone #s for you to return calls to... acquire information on them... etc.