Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Software Development Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer

I have built an ios app. It cost me around $20K. Now I want

Customer Question

I have built an ios app. It cost me around $20K. Now I want to build android app using the same exact logic, look and feel. Will the android app cost the same or can i get it done cheaper? how does the process work? I know android needs coding in different language than ios. What kind of pricing can i expect?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question. I am and Android developer and I would be happy to answer any questions I can for you about this question. Unfortunately, asking the question you did with the level of detail is similar to saying I bought an Asian car for x dollars, will a European or American car cost the same?

The reason is that an app can be very simple or very complicated. Then the fact that different developers charge different amounts also means your answer to your question is "it depends".

I totally realize that may not satisfy you, but I am attempting to be comprehensive in my answer.

Now I can tell you there are ways to create apps that will work on both iOS and Android. However, those methods are sometimes compromises, so they may be I'll suited for your app. I would suggest getting 3 quotes for your app from different developers and that should help you get a fair price.

I hope this answers your questions. If it did, great and I would greatly appreciate it if you could please rate my answer. If not, please reply and I will be happy to answer further questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. But if the logic, look and feel are same, in your estimate how much it should cost?
Well going ONLY by the info in your question. I might say to expect a bit less since the planning stages are done. So maybe 15K? Again, it is a very general answer I know. If you have the same place do it, they should definitely charge less for the 2nd one. 20k seems very expensive, your app much be complex. Does that help?

Does this answer your question? If yes, I would love it if you could please rate this question. Otherwise let me know!

Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I would really appreciate it if you would rate my question. That is the only way I am compensated for my time answering your question. If you were willing to play 20k on an app, I hope I've provided value to you in this answer so that you will rate me for my work. If you don't feel I've provided value, please respond here so I can address that and earn the positive rating that results in payment for me. Thank you!