Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

After unlocking my my Samsung Galaxy S6, I'm having

Customer Question

After unlocking my my Samsung Galaxy S6, I'm having difficulty rebooting my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Were you the former owner, before the unlocking of the phone?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK. Did you originally register the phone to yourself, with a different account/Google account/other account?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did

Then try entering that (original, registered) account ID, and password. I think the phone has reverted to it, owing to the unlocking.

(I don't know how you did the unlocking, nor whether you have connected/registered the phone to a different carrier.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did the unlocking using the site android manager. I was not changing carriers, I had forgot my code for the screen lock and I opt to have the site to erase my device.

Has the device indeed been erased? or has it merely been reverted to a past condition?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately, because I can not get pass the Google verify account screen I can not tell you if it indeed erased the phone or not. I did selected to have the phone erased.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The message that I get on the phone is This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device. When I do such, I get a message saying to sign in with the owner's account. I am and always been the owner.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, are you there?

Yes, still here.

I am considering the data you have mentioned...

This case may be beyond me. It depends upon some details... particularly, whether you still have the original SIM card in the phone, or have switched the SIM card... or even removed the SIM card.

If the SIM card is removed, put it back in and try again in 72 hours.

If the SIM card has been switched, you may need to enter the Google Account last used with that SIM card (if you know what it is.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time, however, it seems as if you are unable to help me with this product. Yes, I do know what a SIM card is, however, with this device it's not removable. Have a great day.

Not removable? that's a shame!

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

PS: I suspect that if the Android version is 5.1 or higher, the Google Account asked for is the one still on the phone. After it is entered, the phone will be reset and wiped, but not before. Cheers.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

How long has it been since you had this message on the screen?