GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I have read 40% of a book and suddenly all my notes and

Customer Question

I have read 40% of a book and suddenly all my notes and highlights have disappeared! What happened? Where are they? And how do I get them back without re-reading 40%?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Steve. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this issue. It has happened to me before too . Luckily there is a simple fix that works in almost every case. To get them back, go to "manage my kindle" in your amazon account and re-download the book, without first removing it from your kindle device. Also, you can go to and sign in with the email address associated with your Kindle to view your highlights.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!