Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I got a phone from eBay and it's blocked by T-Mobile.

Customer Question

I got a phone from eBay and it's blocked by T-Mobile. Please tell me if I unlock it from tmobule to use another carrier I can use it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it has been blocked by T-Mobile, it *might* be usable by another carrier.

I would advise you to check with the contemplated other carrier first, though. It could possibly have been sold on eBay as fenced stolen goods, for instance. In which case you might find it blocked by every carrier (or any repute.)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I find out

The code '3' in response to the 'star 2' trouble condition query, means that the telephone line is disconnected.

The telephone line connection is used for 'monitoring', so that the alarm can call somewhere if it detects an alarm condition. It's a service that must be paid for (alarm monitoring), even aside from the phone line expense.

If there's no other trouble than that, your alarm is in good condition and needs no repair. Do you still need references to alarm services co.s ?

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.